Friday, February 11, 2011

Fabric Collection and Creations!


When I began quilting, I started with small pieces of fabrics -
fat quarters (18"x21") and fat eights (9"x21"),
not really know what I wanted to make
plus not having a lot of extra cash to spend on my new "hobby".

But as years went by and I became more expert in quilting,
I became a
Fabric-a-holic with a capital F!



I collected fabrics from different countries and,
of course, I couldn't just buy a small piece of found fabric,
I had to have at least a yard, more like 3 yards or more!

Yes, I made quilts for both of my daughters
and for myself;
quilts on walls, quilts on beds, and quilts hanging on bannisters.

I now have a new calling "metalsmithing"
and am now divesting of my remaining fabric collection.

So the question in my mind was - what to do with it?
What good are small amounts of fabric?
Are they worth keeping or should they be trashed?

That is what was in my mind when I started "cleaning house" early last year.

Small items come to mind that require tiny amounts of fabrics -
quilted table runners, ipod covers, tote bags, or retro fashions such as bathing suits.

I love it when past customers send me a note
to let me know how they used the fabric purchased.
Now I want to share several items made by a recent customer - LIONSART.
She makes beautiful fabric key fobs.

Here are 3 that she made from my fabrics -
I am happy that my fabric remnants are being put to good use:




No comments:

Post a Comment